Cognitive Behavioral Programs for Parolee Revocation
Correctional agencies are under tremendous pressure to fund proven programs that can reduce recidivism, change criminal behavior and generate savings. BI offers Parolee Revocation Programs that are an innovative and cost-effective solution for chronic offenders who are resistant to behavior change or consistently violate parole - at tremendous expense to taxpayers.
Evidence-based practice gets results, reduces recidivism
BI Parolee Revocation Programs are located in neighborhoods where many high-risk parolees live. They get results through evidence-based practice centered on corrections research, including daily reporting, intensive case management, cognitive behavioral treatment and connecting clients to long-term community resources. Typical clients include:
- Technical parole violators
- Prison inmates being released who have a history of drug and alcohol problems
Benefits to agencies
- Clients in these programs cost the state a fraction of incarceration
- These programs can be rapidly implemented in 60 to 90 days
- Reduces prison overcrowding by getting repeat offenders out of the system
- Targets chronic criminal behavior and thinking
- Allows states to postpone or avoid new prison bed construction
- Outsourcing to BI allows states to avoid staffing liabilities
- Centers become positive hubs of activity for parolees
- Supports busy parole officers by managing problematic offenders
For the last 15 years, BI Incorporated has delivered community-based cognitive behavioral programs for state and local agencies. At these programs, BI assesses client risk and needs, develops a behavior change plan, and delivers treatment and training in areas such as substance abuse, life skills, employment readiness, anger management, domestic violence, parenting and more.