BI Stays Ahead of the Game with LTE Technology
AS LTE TECHNOLOGY BECOMES THE FUTURE OF COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS
Since 1987, electronic monitoring devices have utilized the major cellular systems, Global Systems for Mobiles (GSM) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA). With the continual advancement of wireless technology, Long-Term Evolution (LTE) solutions will soon replace GSM and CDMA systems. By 2022, the older wireless systems will be obsolete, making electronic monitoring devices without LTE technology practically inoperative.
NEW TECHNOLOGY INCREASES PERFORMANCE FOR ELECTRONIC MONITORING
LTE technology uses different radio interfaces together with core network improvements to increase capacity and speed. Key benefits include:
- Higher bandwidth/data speed compared to 3G
- Low latency/lower idle-to-active times improves network responsiveness
- High spectrum efficiency provides a higher network capacity and improves cost-efficiency
- Backwards compatibility/future-proofing increases flexibility and life-span
- An all-IP network allows for easier integration and cost-efficiency
- Enhancements to security provide a quality of service differentiator
OUR PROACTIVE APPROACH
While some companies continue to operate equipment only using GSM or CDMA technologies, BI recognizes the growing importance of cellular-based RF solutions and has worked diligently to integrate LTE into its present and future products. By incorporating LTE into our equipment, BI offers enhanced power efficiency, improved battery life for our devices, and network longevity to support 24×7 program operations. Our partnership with Verizon provides a strategic advantage to the most modern and reliable cellular capabilities on the market. Our highly skilled Engineering team has the knowledge, expertise, and resources needed to make a seamless transition towards current and future industry advancements. In an era of rapid technological innovation, BI stays committed to delivering reliable, relevant, and advanced solutions to our public sector partners.